As the second anniversary of Prince's death approaches, more news about the specifics regarding his accidental overdose on fentanyl, a synthetic opioid, has surfaced.

On Monday, Prince's toxicology report was obtained by the Associated Press, and shows he had  what experts  called an “exceedingly high” concentration of fentanyl in his body when he died.

“The amount in his blood is exceedingly high, even for somebody who is a chronic pain patient on fentanyl patches,” said Dr. Lewis Nelson, chairman of emergency medicine at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, according to Billboard.

According to the report, the concentration of fentanyl in Prince’s blood was 67.8 micrograms per liter. This is significant because fatalities have been documented in people with blood levels ranging from three to 58 micrograms per liter.

The level of fentanyl in Prince’s liver was 450 micrograms per kilogram—concentrations greater than 69 micrograms per kilogram “seem to represent overdose or fatal toxicity cases.” Additionally, there was a potentially lethal amount of fentanyl in Prince's stomach, according to experts.

Prince was found unresponsive in an elevator at his Paisley Park estate on April 21, 2016. According to experts, there's no lethal amount at which fentanyl can kill.


Worst to Best: Every Prince Album Ranked


More From MIX 108