The 10 Most Ridiculous Reasons People Give For Calling In Sick In 2014
Jeanne and I talked about this on this morning's show, how CareerBuilder.com constructed their annual list of dumb reasons people would give for calling in sick or skipping work. Needless to say, they're pretty ridiculous. It's important to remember that these are actual excuses that employees have used, according to the survey CareerBuilder conducts. Yes, some people are really this dumb.
1. Employee just put a casserole in the oven.
2. Employee’s plastic surgery for enhancement purposes needed some "tweaking" to get it just right.
3. Employee was sitting in the bathroom and her feet and legs fell asleep. When she stood, up she fell and broke her ankle.
4. Employee had been at the casino all weekend and still had money left to play with on Monday morning.
5. Employee woke up in a good mood and didn't want to ruin it.
6. Employee had a “lucky night” and didn’t know where he was.
7. Employee got stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store and couldn't get out.
8. Employee had a gall stone they wanted to heal holistically.
9. Employee caught their uniform on fire by putting it in the microwave to dry.
10. Employee accidentally got on a plane.