The City Of Duluth Has Some Tips For Residents About Voting For The Primary
The primary election is coming up on Tuesday, and the City of Duluth has some important tips to help in the voting process. For the first time ever I am voting via an Absentee ballot and honestly the primary's snuck up on me, I do not want to risk trying to mail out my ballot so I will need to go to city hall in person. See Tips below:
For Absentee Ballots:
- You need to get your ballot in as soon as possible (Today was my wake up call on that one.)
- Absentee Ballots can be submitted to City Hall downtown between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, and 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Monday. City Hall will be open for early voting during these times.
- On Tuesday (Primary Election Day) ballots can be hand delivered to city hall until 3:00 p.m. If you mail in your ballot and it is post-marked on or before election day it will be accepted until the close of business on Thursday.
If you are voting in person:
- If you choose to vote in person expect delays and you will need to wear a mask and practice social distancing.
- Masks are required, and will be given to anyone without one unless you are exempt from the executive order. In that case, curbside service will be offered to you.
- All election workers will be required to wear masks
- If you are new to Duluth or are voting for the first time you are advised to find your polling station ahead of time before you go to vote. For polling station information click here.
- If you are not registered to vote make sure you have a MN state I.D. and something to prove you live at that address like a utility bill.
- All city of Duluth precincts will open at 7:00 on election day, and close at 8:00 that night.
For more information on voting tips or polling station changes click here. This is a really important election year and hopefully voter turnout will be strong either by absentee or in person despite the COVID-19 Pandemic.
10 Places In The Twin Ports Everyone Is Looking Forward To Going To When COVID-19 Passes