Three Traffic Advisories, Several Detours Issued For The Weekend
It is going to be a very busy weekend in Duluth and that means a lot of traffic! For this reason, the City of Duluth has issued several traffic advisories for residents so we can all get around as effectively as possible.
Here's a look at the advisories and how they will impact you this weekend.
On Friday, September 13th:
- From 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., a portion of Harbor Drive will close for the Kid's Inline Sprint Races. You can still access parking through the DECC and Great Lakes Aquarium.
- Beginning at 3:15 for a short period of time, there will be slight diversions in traffic near Canal Park from the Canal Park Lodge to Bayfront Park for an Oktoberfestival procession.
On Saturday, September 14th, the NorthShore Inline Marathon will impact roads stretching miles throughout Duluth and beyond. The Duluth Police Department shared details on their Facebook page, detailing times and closures beginning at 5 a.m. If you are planning on traveling early in the morning or will be in the area where the skate takes place, you will want to read up on the closures in detail below.
Some businesses in the area will be impacted with the various events taking place over the weekend. Here are a few things to note:
- Ecumen Lakeshore Home: vehicles will be able to enter and exit with the help of officers.
- Chateau Apartments on London Road: residents can exit onto London Road going west with assistance from an individual there. You will be rerouted.
- The Glensheen Mansion: the building will be closed during the race and will reopen again after at 1 p.m. sharp. You can access the Glensheen from 36th Avenue East.
- DECC: the parking lot will remain open with access to and from using Railroad Street only.
- Great Lakes Aquarium: you can access this from Railroad Street and 5th Avenue West.
- Canal Park: you can access the hot spot from Lake Avenue or Railroad Street.
For more detailed information, you can see the full press release from the City of Duluth here.