US Postal Service Releases Holiday Shipping Deadlines
For many of us we are hoping that our pumpkins do not rot before Halloween or you are trying to get everything pumpkin spice flavored that you can get your hands on, but the holidays will be here before you know it. Now is the time to plan ahead especially if you already have your gifts in hand.
The US Postal service has released their holiday shipping schedule for this year. Thanks to more people buying gifts early or online the post office does not get as backlogged as in years past, but for some of us last minute shoppers this guideline can be very helpful.
2018 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
The Postal Service recommends the following mailing and shipping deadlines for expected delivery by Dec. 25 to Air/Army Post Office/Fleet Post Office/Diplomatic Post Office and domestic addresses*:
- Nov. 6 – APO/FPO/DPO (all ZIP Codes) USPS Retail Ground®
- Dec. 4 – APO/FPO/DPO (ZIP Code 093 only) Priority Mail® and First-Class Mail®
- Dec. 11 – APO/FPO/DPO (all other ZIP Codes) Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 14 – USPS Retail Ground
- Dec. 18 – APO/FPO/DPO (except ZIP Code 093) USPS Priority Mail Express®
- Dec. 20 – First-Class Mail (including greeting cards)
- Dec. 20 – First-class packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
- Dec. 20 – Hawaii to mainland Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 20 – Priority Mail
- Dec. 20 – Alaska to mainland Priority Mail and First-Class Mail
- Dec. 22 – Alaska to mainland Priority Mail Express
- Dec. 22 – Hawaii to mainland Priority Mail Express
- Dec. 22 – Priority Mail Express
Of course there are exceptions to every rule and often times weather can play a factor as well. For more information about shipping deadlines via the US Postal Service. Click Here.