Construction Begins on NorShor Theatre Remodel
Former Duluth Mayor Don Ness joined current Mayor Emily Larson in front of the NorShor Theatre today to kick off the construction project that will bring many needed updates to the historic building.
The project is expected to wrap up in 2017 and according to Mayor Larson, “This is a new day for Duluth’s HART district and will highlight Duluth as the performing arts hub for the region. The City is appreciative of all of the funders and partners and who have worked tirelessly for years to assemble the right people and complex financing to make this extensive renovation possible. We are looking forward to the next exciting production at the NorShor Theatre; the grand reopening!”
Once completed, the restored NorShor will include:
- Bringing the building into ADA compliance, making it fully accessible.
- A new skywalk connection to nearby City parking ramps.
- Executive Suites that can be used as semi-private entertainment areas.
- An extended stage and orchestra pit.
- Refurbished seating throughout.
- State-of-the-art acoustics.
- A pre-show reception and lounge area, ideal for public gatherings and private parties and events.
- A new bar and lounge highlighting the legendary 1940’s Milk Bar.