The 7 Worst Things You Can Say to Your Husband
I am no marriage expert, nor do I pretend to be. However, I will say that after almost 7 years together, 2 1/2 of them married, my husband and I have a pretty fantastic relationship. At least I think so. We do…right honey??
I’m not saying I’m the perfect wife. And my husband knows that as well. I don’t communicate very well. I like to avoid confrontation at all cost. I don’t say what I need to say to let him know how I feel. Just as him. My two favorite words are “fine” and “nothing” in response to the “How are you” and “What’s wrong” questions. Maybe that’s why I found so much humor in this article from Yahoo’s “Shine.”
Now, my list of the “7 Worst Things You Can Say to Your Husband” is way different than this one. I don’t even know if I could put my list on this website without a disclaimer and a “Check Here if you’re over the age of 18″ Box.
So here’s the list, see if you agree. And if you’re anything like me, I’m sure that we have such wonderful relationships with our husbands because we’ve never said any of these things to our guys.
1. I do everything around here!—It sure feels that way but ask yourself this: Are you the one unclogging the garbage disposal or mowing the lawn? If you answered yes, then you’re allowed to use this phrase forever and ever.
2. You’re never here!–He’s probably never there because he’s busy providing for your family. Give your husband a break.
3. Stop! You’re doing it wrong!–Husbands are damned if they do, and damned if they don’t. So what if he’s doing wrong? At least he’s doing it.
4. Why do I always have to ask for your help?–Because you do. The end.
5. I’m not your mother!—Your husband may need some caring for but guess what? He’s a happier and better man because of you.
6. You just don’t get it!–Poor husbands. They really get the poo slung at ’em sometimes (and not just by their kids). They know how hard we work, even if it doesn’t feel like it sometimes.
7. I can’t take it anymore!–Men don’t know what to do with this information. Are they supposed to hug you? Run and hide? Deep breath. Calm down. Be specific about what’s bothering you.