The Minnesota State Fair Will Honor Prince With a Special Event
The Minnesota State Fair announced today that they will honor the late Prince with a special event they are calling "Unite in Purple."
The event will be held on August 26th from 5p.m. until close and feature the following activities:
- Prince music, tributes and cover songs at stages throughout the fairgrounds
- A Prince Party in the Park with music and dancing led by GenerationNOW's DJ Dudley D, Prince's personal DJ, at Carousel Park from 8-11:30 p.m.
- Lavender lighting on iconic fair buildings and carnival rides
- A one-night-only Lasertainment's Laser Hitz show featuring a Prince finale beginning at 9:15 p.m.
- Unite in Purple glow bracelets for the first 5,000 guests through the gates after 5 p.m
- Unite in Purple buttons for the first 7,500 guests through the gates after 5 p.m.
Also, after the Grandstand show, the nightly Minnesota State Fair Fireworks Spectacular will be to a soundtrack of Prince music.
The State Fair is also encouraging people attending the fair that day to wear the color purple.