Duluth Police Department Offers Tips On Burglary Prevention
We don't want to think this could ever happen to us but you can never be too safe.
The Duluth Police Department posted a message on their Facebook page the other day, offering some tips on how to prevent burglary.
Here are a few of the things you can do to keep your house safe:
- Always lock your windows and doors. This includes sliding doors, which can also be extra secure by using a blocking device on top of the regular lock.
- Keep an eye on your neighbors and ask them to do the same for you.
- Leave lights on during the day and at night, inside and outside of your home.
- Let your neighbors know when you leave town.
- Buy a home security system if you can.
According to their post, a burglary in the United States happens once every 15 seconds. Taking in the tips above can help you become a victim.
In August, the Cloquet Police Department issued a similar statement, reminding residents to lock their car doors so no one becomes a victim of a vehicle prowl. It takes a few seconds and avoids a lot of time later down the line.