UWS Campus Recreation Hosting Free NOvid-19 Virtual 50K Challenge
Getting exercise is a great way to stay physically and mentally healthy. The University of Wisconsin-Superior's Campus Recreation has the perfect challenge.
They are hosting a free NOvid-19 Virtual 50K Challenge. This virtual event is open to people of all ages and can be completed from any location with any outdoor or even indoor activity such as walking, running or biking.
“For the name of this event, I wanted something opposite of COVID-19 and how we are looking forward to the time when this virus is not affecting our daily lives,” said Jarod Meyer, Campus Recreation Intramurals and Camps Specialist at UW-Superior.
The total distance you'll need to cover is 31 miles. Here is what you need to do to participate:
- Complete the waiver and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Run, walk, jog, bike, etc. on your own time at your own pace.
- Keep track of each mile you are active.
- Download the running log below and record each distance.
- Connect with us and other participants by tagging your photos @UW-Superior Campus Recreation on Facebook.
- Submit your mile log to email@example.com. Submit ALL miles together (one complete form per person) once you have completed 31 miles.
There is no deadline for completing the NOvid-19 Virtual 50K Challenge and each participant who completes the 50K will earn a Campus Rec water bottle.
If you're active on a fairly regular basis, why not sign up and and complete the challenge at your own pace. You'll feel great when you're done and you'll get rewarded.
Follow the link below to get the full details as well as the official flier, waiver and mileage log.