Where to Park For Free For the 60th Annual Christmas City of the North Parade
It looks like Mother Nature is going to be fairly kind to all the participants and spectators for this years 60th Annual Christmas City of the North Parade on Friday November 16. The parade will get underway at 6:25 pm and flow along 13 blocks of Superior Street from 9th Ave E to 4th Ave W.
Participants will be lining up starting at 4pm along London Road on10th and 14th Avenues E, and on the upper side of London road from 14th to 17th Ave E. Please be cautious when driving to look out for people crossing the streets and parking floats.
The Duluth Police Department has issued a traffic advisory for Road Closures and No Parking areas.
- London Road from 10th – 14th Avenues East
- Superior Street
- Michigan Street – Vehicles will be allowed to exit Michigan Street lots and ramps, but will be directed down the 5th Ave W off-ramp
- After 10 a.m. – five meters in front of Pickwick near Superior St on the East side.
- After noon – Meters on the upper side of Fitger’s Inn
- After 3 p.m.
- London Road – both sides from 10th-14th Avenues E
- London Road – upper side, from 14th to 17th Avenues E
- 12th and 13th Ave E from London Rd to Superior St
- Jefferson Street from 13th to 14th Ave E
- Rose Garden Parking Lot
- After 4 p.m. – Michigan Street from 5th Ave W to 4th Ave W
- After 5 p.m. – Superior Street from 10th Ave E to 5th Ave W
Make sure to plan out your route ahead of time as to where you would like to watch the parade and take advantage of many lots and ramps offering free parking after 5pm.
Free parade parking in the following ramps:
- 4th Ave Auto Park – 402 W Michigan St.
- Duluth Transportation Center – 228 W Michigan St
- US Bank Ramp – 230 W Michigan St
- Civic Center Ramp – 410 W First St
- Tech Village Ramp – 10 E First St
- 1st and 1st Lot – 123 E First St
- Medical District Ramp – 302 E First St
- Fitger’s – 600 E Superior St
- Phoenix Parking Lot – 98 N 4th Ave W
- St. Luke’s Hospital Ramp – 1020 E First St
- St. Luke’s Employee Parking Lot – 119 N 12th Ave E
And parking meters will also be free of charge after 5:30 p.m. The parade is broadcast live on KBJR-TV channel 6.1 and online at kbjr6.com.