Duluth Police Nab Lobster Thief–For the Second Time
The Duluth Police Department has released a statement stating that the man responsible for stealing not one, but two lobsters from a Canal Park restaurant on separate occasion has been caught.
On Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 at 11:13 AM Duluth Police were called to the Red Lobster on the report that a live lobster had just been stolen out of the tank and the suspect had just left.
An officer responding to the area spotted the suspect who had the live lobster in a plastic bag. The suspect was identified as Edward Farris, a 53 year old male resident of Duluth. Farris was issued citations for Trespassing and Misdemeanor Theft. The officer transported the live lobster back to the tank at Red Lobster.
In checking history it was learned that on June 7th, 2012 Duluth Officers were called to the same Red Lobster on the theft of a 3 pound lobster from the lobster tank, the suspect was located on June 22nd, 2012 and identified as Edward Farris. He was charged and convicted of Misdemeanor Theft. The lobster was never located.
Edward Farris has the following convictions:
- 1990-5th Degree Domestic Assault
- 1991-Misdemeanor Theft & 5th Degree Domestic Assault
- 1992-5th Degree Assault
- 1995-Terroristic Threats
- 1996-Disorderly Conduct
- 1997-Misdemeanor Theft, Criminal Damage to Property & Violating a Restraining Order
- 1999-5th Degree Domestic Assault, False Information to Police & Misdemeanor Theft
- 2000-Disorderly Conduct
- 2001-Felony 3rd Degree Assault & 5th Degree Domestic Assault
- 2002-5th Degree Assault & Attempted Theft
- 2004-Disorderly Conduct
- 2005-False Information to Police & 2 Misdemeanor Thefts
- 2006-Trespassing & Misdemeanor Theft
- 2007-Felony 5th Degree Possession of Controlled Substance & 2 Misdemeanor Thefts
- 2008-Felony Violation of Order for Protection
- 2010-Felony Domestic Assault
- 2012-Panhandling, 3 Misdemeanor Thefts, 1 Petty Misdemeanor Theft, Drinking in Public & Littering