United Way of Duluth’s “Big Red Bookshelf” Looking for Donations
If you have more gently-used children’s books than you know what to do with, and want to see them go do a good home, they have just the place!The United Way of Greater Duluth is hosting a Book Drive June 17-24.
Donate books for children up to the 3rd grade reading level for the Big Red Bookshelves around the community. Drop them off at the United Way office or at Duluth area Super One stores. Look for the red bins. Click here to learn more and to find other convenient drop off locations.
Books will be screened by Women’s Leadership Council members on Day of Caring, June 26th. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to help screen books.
If you’re looking to find books from the Big Red Bookshelf, here are the locations:
- CHUM Family Shelter
- Safe Haven Shelter for Battered Women
- Second Harvest Northern Lakes Food Bank
- St. Luke’s Pediatric Associates
- Duluth WIC – Cared for Arrowhead Reading Council
- Duluth Grill Family Restaurant
- Rathke Bachuber Children’s Emergency Department at Essentia Health
- Lake Superior Community Health Center Dental Clinic
- Proctor Area Community Center (PACC) – Cared for by PACC Academic Tutors
- Duluth Area Family YMCA
- Community Action Duluth