COVID Testing + Vaccine Site Updates For St. Louis County
As part of the efforts to confront the COVID-19 Pandemic, local health officials have continued to provide both testing and vaccination opportunities throughout the area. Additionally, the announcement of the Minnesota state-wide Kids Deserve A Shot initiative to target teenagers has amped up those efforts.
Officials with St. Louis County Public Health continues to offer COVID-19 vaccine appointments at a variety of sites as well as COVID-19 testing opportunities. Individuals can expect all three of the vaccine varieties at each of the sites: Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, and Moderna. Additionally, St. Louis County provides Pfizer boosters for those who are eligible as well as the third doses of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for immunocompromised individuals.
Here are the updated opportunities for vaccine clinics throughout St. Louis County for this upcoming week:
- Shriners Center And Meeting Facility: 5152 Miller Trunk Highway in Hermantown. 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- One Roof Community Housing: 12 East 4th Street in Duluth. 1:00 to 3:00 PM
- Community Action Duluth: 2424 West 5th Street #102 in Duluth. 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- St. Louis County Government Services Center-Duluth: 320 West 2nd Street. 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- St. Louis County Government Services Center-Virginia: 201 South 3rd Avenue East. 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Appointments for COVID-19 vaccines are recommended, but walk ins are accommodated when scheduling and supplies allow. To pre-register, click here.
Free COVID-19 testing sites are available three days a week. The tests are performed using the Vault Saliva Tests. Results are usually available to individuals within 24 to 38 hours. No appointment is needed for the testing sites. Here are the locations:
- Mondays: Eveleth Auditorium: 421 Jackson Street, Eveleth. 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Tuesdays: AEOA Parking Lot: 702 South 3rd Avenue, Virginia. People should look for the Public Health Mobile Trailer. This testing site will be moved to the Iron Trail Motors Event Center once the parking lot and sidewalk are paved for improved access. 8:00 AM to 12 Noon.
- Fridays: Olcott Park - Lion's Blub Building: 700 9th Avenue North, Virginia. 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
For additional details on the ways that St. Louis County Public Health provides services that are COVID-19 related, click here.
Northland Halloween Attractions and Events Still Happening During The Pandemic
Ways To Supplement Your Kids At Home Learning
KEEP READING: Creative Ways to Bring Joy to Your Neighborhood While Social Distancing