Highway 23 Deer Creek Bridge Delays June 17-19
As the Deer Creek Bridge replacement project rolls along, officials with the Minnesota Department of Transportation are alerting drivers to anticipate traffic delays June 17 through June 19 during the mid-day hours. The agency is encouraging drivers to allow for extra time or to plan an alternative route.
The delays will come in segments up to 15-minutes in duration while crews deliver and erect bridge beams. During this time, traffic in both directions will be closed to allow for the unloading of the beams from their respective transport beams.
For more information about this project or any of the road work being done by the Minnesota Department of Transportation, click here to visit their project page.
For the time being - as the COVID-19 Pandemic response is in place, MNDOT is working hard to adhere to Governor Tim Walz's Stay at Home executive order. Road work has been identified as a Critical Service by the state and will continue on.
Here are some important reminders from MNDOT about safety in regards to this specific project as well as any of the projects you might encounter this summer:
- Slow down when approaching a work zone
- Use caution when navigating through the marked-off work area
- Stay alert - work zones constantly change
- Watch for workers and slow moving equipment
- Obey the posted speed limits. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300
- Minimize distractions behind the wheel
- Be patient
- Expect delays - especially during peak travel times
For more information about this specific project or any of the scheduled road work across the state, click here to visit the Minnesota Department of Transportation's online project page.
Foods You Need To Eat Before Summer Is Over