Winter Bike Week In The Twin Ports Coming in February
"Winter Bike Week" is a great time to learn all about the possibility of still biking outdoors in the Twin Ports this time of year. Zeitgeist will host community events over the week of February 2nd to 9th, including educational workshops, and family-friendly bike rides to demonstrate that winter biking is fun, practical, accessible in our community and available to everyone.
Diane Desotelle and Andrew Streitz, who have participated in past years' Winter Bike to Work Day said: “Biking in the winter changes your view of the weather. A few minutes into your ride and you're warm, a warmth that stays with you for hours after arriving at work," Also "Winter riding exposes you to rabbits and foxes out early in the morning, brilliant constellations at night, glorious sunrises in the morning, snow quietly falling through your bike headlights, and the sound of ice crystals shattering due to wind pushing the ice around on the big lake."
- Sub-24 Bikepacking and Winter Camping Trip |February 2nd | 5:30pm | Spokengear Outdoor & Cyclery
- Winter Bike Commuting 101 |February 4th | 5:30pm-7:00pm | Duluth Folk School
- Ladies Mountain Bike Night | February 5th | 5:30pm- 7:30pm | Hartley Nature Center
- Winter Bike Week: Bike and Walk to School Day | February 6th | 6:00am- 5:00pm
- Duluth-Superior Draft: A People for Bikes Meet-Up | February 7th | 5:30pm-7:00pm | Zeitgeist Teatro Zuccone
- International Winter Bike to Work Day | February 8th | 6:30am- 9:30pm | MN Power Plaza
- Bike to Work Day Group Ride | February 8th | 7:30am | meet at Rose Garden
- Bikes & Bites Tour | February 9th | 4:00pm- 7:00pm | Zeitgeist Arts Cafe