Minnesota Twins Announce Details For Joe Mauer Weekend
The Minnesota Twins unveiled all the details for Joe Mauer Weekend and there's plenty of fun planned at Target Field for the whole family.
The Twins will battle the Kansas City Royals on Joe Mauer Weekend, which begins Friday, June 14. The first night is full of activities for Prince Night:
- The first 10,000 fans in attendance will receive a purple Prince Twins Jersey, while those who purchase a separate Prince Theme Night ticket package will receive a co-branded Prince/Twins hat.
- FREE Fan Photo Opportunity (5:20 to 6:00 p.m., adjacent to the Supercuts Super Seats): Fans can take their picture with 2018 National Baseball Hall of Fame inductee Jim Thome, 2019 Twins Hall of Fame inductee Joe Nathan, and former infielders J.J. Hardy and Nick Punto.
- Fireworks Friday, Presented by Securian Financial (Postgame): The first in a summer-long series of Friday night fireworks, presented by Securian Financial.
Saturday, June 15, is officially Joe Mauer Day where fans can get more good stuff:
- The first 40,000 fans in attendance will receive a commemorative No. 7 Baseball Cap.
- FREE Fan Photo Opportunity (4:20 to 5:00 p.m., adjacent to the Supercuts Super Seats): Fans can take their picture with a quartet of Twins Hall-of-Famers: Michael Cuddyer, Eddie Guardado, Torii Hunter and Brad Radke.
- Joe Mauer Number Retirement Ceremony (Pregame): The Twins will officially retire Joe Mauer’s uniform number 7. Mauer will be joined on the field by his family and friends, along with past coaches and teammates, fellow Twins retired number honorees (or their family representatives) and additional club dignitaries.
While the first two games take place at night, Sunday, June 16, will feature a 1:10 p.m. start time. It's not only Father's Day, but also Kids Day at Target Field, Presented by Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare. Kids get fun deals of their own:
- Every Sunday, kids’ meals are half price – just $4. Before the game, kids 12 and younger can get autographs from a Twins player. Postgame, kids can run the bases courtesy of Twin Cities Orthopedics.
- First Run Kid: Joe Mauer, who along with wife Maddie recently donated funds to renovate a play room at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare hospital, and annually host a fundraiser for the organization, will be at home plate to greet that day’s special “First Run Kid” prior to the game.
The Twins are off to a great start so there should be an especially fun and electric vibe all weekend at Target Field.