The Ten Safest Neighborhoods in Duluth, Minnesota
Having lived in this area for going on 15 years I have seen quite a few changes, some good and some not so good. But the subject of neighborhood safety and crime is always a hot topic.
I am a big believer in that no neighborhood is exclusively safe. Yes, I understand some areas of town are more prone to crime, but I am still in shock to this day to here some people say they do not lock their doors. Maybe after reading this and seeing some of these statistics you might re-think that whole not locking your door thing.
According to the website neighborhoodscout.com these are the Top 10 Safest Neighborhoods in Duluth MN in 2016.
- French River/Palmers
- Pequaywan Lake Road/Normanna Road
- Eldes Corner
- E 8th Street/Woodland Avenue
- London Road/S 36th Avenue East
- Lester Park/Lakewood
- Hunters Park
- Glenwood Street/N 43rd Avenue East
- The College of St. Scholastica/ West Arrowhead Road
The reality is no matter where you live in the Duluth area, these statistics are pretty sobering:
* Your chances of becoming a victim of a Violent Crime in Duluth is 1 in 278 and in the state of Minnesota it is 1 in 436.
* Your chances of becoming a victim of a property crime in Duluth is 1 in 23 and in Minnesota it is 1 in 44.
The bottom line is be aware of your surroundings, take precautions around your home and property and look out for your neighbors.